Monday, August 27, 2012

Some Tanks For Tank Girl

Helen, the owner of the wonderful Tank Girl blog and a painter whose work I greatly admire, is kind enough to visit my blog from time to time and so this post is for her and all other armour fans.




If you haven't seen it on my other blog (what Richard Clarke once called the God blog), I described a visit last week to the Scots Dragoon Guards on exercise here in Canada. In this shot, the crews of four Challenger 2 tanks are engaged in morning routine around 06:30 on what promises to be another hot and dusty day on the prairie.
You can see more pictures of that visit here if you like.
Cheers,
Mike
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Silver Dart Dr,Mississauga,Canada

3 comments:

  1. Thanks MP. Always nice to see photos of modern armour.

    I bet there are scholars noting the vulnerability of tanks in urban settings at the moment, ie Syria.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shot sir, well taken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, awesome photo. The juxtaposition of those terrifying machines in that beautiful setting is very compelling.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers