Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Samurai Beer Garden


Do I need to say more?Well, maybe. Here's another take on the samurai beer garden theme, thanks to young Kinch.

For me, the Analogue Painting Challenge is over. As I write this there are less than two hours to go, and I am in awe of what my fellow brush ronin achieved. For me I achieved 69.7% of my self-imposed challenge goal, so I'll round that up to a B- grade and be content with it. This week I am engaged in what the military calls "burning leave", using the last five days of my annual leave in this fiscal year (woe betide anyone who tries to carry leave into the new FY) and Madame Padre has some definite goals to meet before we put our house on the market come posting season. I spent today shopping for a new kitchen sink, buying the parts, and removing the old sink without creating a geyser in the kitchen. Tomorrow with a friend's help the new sink comes in, and tomorrow the carpet guy also comes in to measure for a quote. So the minis have to wait for now. But I did get these fellows done as my last entry.

As described here, these figures are from The Assault Group, who showed their amazing awesomeness with an extra bonus figure, the chap with two heads. There are more samurai photos here if you're curious. There are more pho In that same post I also mentioned a winsome youg biermadchen who volunteered to keep these samurai in line in the absence of any geisha girls. She's quite a feisty one, and I'll discuss her charms in another post. Needless to say, those rowdy samurai gave her a lot of guff.

< Young lady, you don't understand, in my country it is an honour for a maiden to be presented with the head of her intended's slain enemy! >

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making it through the painting challenge? Are you going to do a roundup post of what you'd done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shooting Tex - well done.

    I sympathise with your leave burning - not always easy to pull off. Wonderful work on the samurai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Samurai there Padre. As for the biermadchen, well, we will all be looking forward to your post about her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved these especially the chap holding the severed head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burning leave sucks Mike. Nice job on the figures Padre...Steinlager in the tankard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again, excellent work Mike and thank you very much for the Ronin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all, this was a fun project. Looking forward to passing the samurai on to Curt in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers